- Medication Dispensing & Counselling
NSC Pharmacy handles about 14,000 prescriptions a month. With the Electronic Medical Record (EMR), our Pharmacy operates in a paperless environment. After consultation, prescriptions are routed to our pharmacy so that prescribed items may be prepared ahead of patients' arrival.
Our pharmacists can provide the following advice during medication counselling to help you to use your medicines for the best possible outcome for your medical condition:
- What are your medicines used for
- Safe, correct and effective way to use your medicines
- What to do if a dose is missed
- Management of side effects
- Precautions to take
- Potential interaction of your medicines with other medicines or food
- Correct application of topical medicines
- Dietary and lifestyle management
- Storage of medicines
E-counselling on medication is accessible by emailing our pharmacist at firstname.lastname@example.org or by signing up for the Patient Health Portal.
For information on some common dermatological medications, Click Here
- Minor Ailments & Self-Medication Services
NSC Pharmacy stocks over-the-counter and Pharmacy-only medications (dispensed by a pharmacist without a doctor’s prescription) for the treatment of minor ailments such as fever, pain, cough and cold, itch, gastric problems, diarrhoea, etc.
Our Pharmacists are able to provide advice on how to manage these minor ailments, recommend non-prescription medicines, or refer you to the doctor if necessary.
- Quit Smoking Counselling
Smoking increases the risk of stroke, heart and lung diseases, cancers of the mouth, throat, lungs, stomach and skin. It causes premature wrinkles and sagging skin, greying and loss of hair and slows down wound healing.
Smoking is also associated with worsening of some skin conditions such as psoriasis, genital warts, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) and others.
Smokers are encouraged to quit smoking for better health. There is also evidence that smokers with skin conditions achieve better treatment outcome when they quit.
Quit Smoking Counselling Service
In our quit smoking counselling service, personalised one-to-one counselling will be provided by a pharmacist certified in Quit Smoking counselling. The pharmacist aims to achieve the following:
- Assess smoker’s level of nicotine addiction, smoking habits and stage of readiness
- Counsel on quit tips and a personalised quit plan
- Recommend suitable Nicotine Replacement Therapy if needed
- Help cope with withdrawal symptoms
- Support and guidance with relapses
The estimated duration of the first session is about 30 minutes, and subsequent follow-up sessions about 15 minutes.
Appointment for Quit Smoking counselling
NSC patients may ask your doctor for a referral to our Quit Smoking Counselling Services, or approach any of our pharmacists directly.
Alternatively, please contact 6350 8454 to make an appointment.
- Sun Protection Counselling
Sun Protection Counselling is a pharmacist-led service that offers advice on sun avoidance. This will benefit patients with photosensitive skin conditions and those who need to avoid further photo damage.
A typical session lasts about 20 to 30 minutes, and is conducted in a one-to-one setting by a pharmacist. Our pharmacists encourage ideal sun protection habits, and are able to recommend tips for suitable selection and usage of sun protective clothing, apparel and sunscreens.
The objectives of the Sun Protection Counselling Service are:
- To raise awareness of sun protection
- To educate patients to adopt long-lasting sun protection habits
- To educate patients to adhere to the correct use of sunscreens
- To improve management of skin disease
Selected sun protective apparel is also available in our Pharmacy.
NSC patients who need detailed counselling may ask your doctor for a referral. Non-NSC patients may request for counselling by approaching any of our pharmacists directly at the Pharmacy.
- Refill of Prescription Medicines
Patients with an outstanding balance of medicines from past prescriptions may collect them from National Skin Centre within one year from the prescribed date. Medicines may be collected personally or by an authorised personnel upon registration at Pharmacy Counter 1.
As a value added service, NSC patients may also choose to refill their outstanding balance of their prescribed medicines online, without visiting our Pharmacy. For more information, please refer to our Home Delivery Service.
- Home Delivery Services
This service is for:
- NSC patients who would like to collect the outstanding balance of prescribed medications from their NSC prescription* without having to return to the Pharmacy.
- Patients who wish to purchase over-the-counter or retail items at NSC Pharmacy from home
*NSC prescription is valid for twelve months from the date of issue
You need to:
- Complete the home delivery form (link) and email to us at email@example.com, or;
- Fax the completed form to 6253 6138.
Note: If you need only some items from your prescription, please specify under the ‘Partial Supply’ section in the home delivery form.
Upon receipt of your request
- You will receive a call from our Pharmacy staff within three (3) working days about the confirmed delivery date.
To check the status of your request, you may contact our Pharmacy during office hours. (Mondays to Fridays: 8.00am to 5.00pm)
Standard Delivery Timing:
Mondays – Fridays: 2.00pm to 6.00pm
A delivery fee is payable according to the total weight of the parcel.
Up to 5kg: $8.60
More than 5kg, up to 20kg: $15
$20 for delivery after office hours
$40 for delivery on weekends and Public Holidays
An additional location charge may apply depending on delivery address
Payment can be made:
- By cash at the time of delivery (only for prescription re-fills, not applicable for retail purchases) OR
- Credit card (VISA/Mastercard) by including your credit card details in the form ( for all purchases )
Note: For CSC patients, delivery fees for courier service, repeat prescription fee and any purchases of retail items cannot be billed to CSC.
Terms and Conditions:
- Goods purchased are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
- For cash payment options, payment by cash must be made upon delivery, otherwise it will be deemed as an unsuccessful attempt and the parcel will be returned to NSC.
- A delivery charge is applicable for each unsuccessful attempt. Please ensure that there is someone at your home/office to receive and pay for your parcel at the scheduled date and time.
- Home delivery service is not extended to heat-sensitive medications that need refrigeration.