What are solar lentigenes?
- Solar lentigenes are brown spots 1 cm or greater in diameter, occurring usually on the face and back of the hands.
- Solar lentigenes are evidence of excessive sunlight exposure.
- They are found in individuals over 40 years of age, especially if they have a long history of working outdoors.
How are solar lentigenes treated?
- One should avoid the sun and use a sunscreen.
- Destruction with liquid nitrogen application; laser ablation and chemical peel is effective in removing the lesion.
DEDICATED TO EXCELLENCE IN DERMATOLOGY
By National Skin Centre (Singapore)
Copyright (C) 1995 - National Skin Centre (Singapore)