Your Rights As A Patient
As a patient of the National Skin Centre (NSC), you will be:
-Provided with quality medical care aimed at managing and treating your medical condition, and promoting your well-being:
- Treated with respect, dignity and compassion regardless of your gender, age, race, religion, nationality, social status, sexual orientation, physical or mental abilities.
- Attended to and cared for according to your needs, with the understanding that other patients may have more urgent needs.
- Addressed by your proper name, and informed of the names and identities of the healthcare team involved in your care.
-Interviewed, examined, and treated in privacy. Confidentiality of your medical records is protected and access is limited to the professionals involved in your care:
- A copy of your medical record/report is available at a fee on request.
- The NSC is a teaching medical centre. If you prefer not to have fellows or medical students present during your consultation, please inform your doctor.
-Informed of your diagnosis, treatment, and expected results so as to facilitate your participation in the treatment decision and care process:
- Explanation on your condition.
- Information on the planned course of treatment and procedures.
- Information on the risks, benefits, and alternatives of treatment.
-Given the right to feedback, compliment or complain to the centre:
- Please contact our staff at 6350 8448/447 during office hours (8am to 5.30pm, Mondays to Fridays) or email us.
From time to time our patients will be randomly selected for a patient satisfaction survey conducted via telephone by our business associates.
Your Responsibilities As A Patient
To facilitate your care as a patient at NSC, you can help us by doing the following:
-Provide complete, detailed, and accurate information about your health, including present and past conditions, allergies, medications or dietary supplements, hospitalisations, healthcare regimens, and any other health-related matters.
-Abide by the doctor’s or nurse’s prescribed treatment. You should inform our staff if you anticipate problems in following the prescribed treatment.
-Keep to and be on time for your appointments. Otherwise, please inform the centre early.
-Abide by all rules and regulations of the centre:
- Treat all staff, other patients, and visitors with respect and courtesy.
- Respect the confidentiality and privacy of others.
- Be responsible for the safekeeping of your valuables and personal possessions during your visit.
- Treat the centre’s properties and facilities with due care and responsibility.