OVERSEAS ELECTIVE MEDICAL STUDENTS
National Skin Centre (NSC) accepts all foreign university students who have interest in dermatology.Students will be attached at NSC for a minimum of 1 week to a maximum of 8 weeks. They will be appointed a dermatologist as their supervisor who will assess them throughout the attachment.
* Understand key factors and descriptors in evaluating a patient with a dermatological problem
* Describe the morphology of skin lesions and recognize the various clinical patterns of skin eruptions in patients.
* Diagnose common skin diseases identified in the list of core curriculum and understand the management of these conditions. In particular, students should be able to recognize dermatological emergencies and be familiar with management of the conditions in this category and be able to recognize common malignant skin tumours.
* Understand key factors and descriptors in evaluating a patient with a suspected sexually transmitted infection.
* Be familiar with management of common sexually transmitted infections such as herpes simplex viral infection, syphilis, gonorrhoea, non-gonococcal urethritis, candidiasis.
* STI Attachment
* Communicable Disease Centre Ward Round
* Phototherapy Attachment
* Clinical Lab Attachment
* Treatment Room Attachment
* Procedure Suites Attachment
For more information on application, please visit https://itumed.nus.edu.sg/scep/ or email NUS at email@example.com
NSC Contact Details
Mr Ang Chin Tiong
Mr Muhammad Faizal
HR Executive Asst