Note: Leave the name
of the tab "blank"if you do not wish to
show this tab.
What are solar lentigenes?
Accordion 1 Content
- Solar lentigenes are brown spots 1 cm or greater in diameter, occurring usually on the face and back of the hands.
- Solar lentigenes are evidence of excessive sunlight exposure.
- They are found in individuals over 40 years of age, especially if they have a long history of working outdoors.
How are solar lentigenes treated?
Accordion 2 Content
- One should avoid the sun and use a sunscreen.
- Destruction with liquid nitrogen application; laser ablation and chemical peel is effective in removing the lesion.